There’s about 30 days left in the summer time groove before schedules are changing, school time begins and the temperatures (please!) start to cool off. You’ll be focused on new clothes and packing lunches before you know it, so first take these days to pack in a few more summer fun flings!
1. Walk the trails at Frisco Commons (Hope Park) and then cool off afterwards at the splash park. Or hit up the spray park nearest you – check our guide!
2. Head to Double Dip Frozen Custard in Frisco, and enjoy your icy treat in the air conditioning (ain’t no shame!).
4. Grab a few friends and have a middle of the day FIESTA at one of the spots on our local Tex-Mex guide!
5. Take me out the ball game! Catch a Rough Riders game in Frisco at Dr. Pepper Ballpark.
6. Head to the beach and park in Little Elm and then eat across the street on the patio at Hula Hut afterwards.
7. Play inside using this local guide – our favorite spot is Play Street McKinney where we can be farmers without all the sun!
8. Action! Catch a day time, one dollar movie at Cinemark in downtown Frisco (or any local Cinemark) while this summer deal lasts.
9. Book a staycation. Doesn’t everyone need one of these to celebrate summer’s end – here’s a list to get you started.
10. Visit Dave & Busters in Frisco for some old fashioned gaming fun!
11. Sign up for one of the many, many FREE summer classes offered at McKinney Public Library.
12. Check out the Prestonwood Playground where your kiddos can get some energy out inside, for free!
13. Get in the kitchen and cook with your little one – don’t worry about the mess and make some memories.
14. Be brave and let your child’s creative side out by allowing them to paint their room – here’s how.
15. Make homemade playdough using this >> recipe.
16. Go to Watters Creek shopping center in Allen on Thursdays to be part of the Lucky Duck Kid’s Club, check for dates here!
17. Eat some watermelon.
18. Visit Cabela’s in Allen off 75 and check out the fish — a tiny, free aquarium just down the street.
19. Jump it out at Urban Air in Frisco!
20. Sign up for a summer camp – it’s not too late! Check our list and see what’s still available. Or call grandma, who doesn’t love the idea of a week long “Grandma Camp”?!
21. Build a blanket fort and read a book with your little.
22. Hike at Arbor Hills – I know its hot, but the summer only lasts so long, brave it (and bring lots of water)!
23. Take a little visit to your local Pets Mart to say “Hi” to all the animals. This always brightens my sons’ day!
24. Get your kids thinking with one of these imagination activities.
25. Go bowling in Frisco at Strikz!
26. Drive to your favorite local orchard or patch for some summer fruit picking >> check this list.
27. Head to Cowtown for the day, here’s a whole list of fun places to check out with the kids. Did you know the Ft. Worth Zoo has a splash pad?!
28. Serve the community – Collect items for Lovepacs in Frisco or Plano. Or volunteer to pack items with your kids!
29. Take a little safari right outside DFW, drive through Fossil Rim Wildlife Center.
30. Turn on the sprinklers and let the kids loose! Summer only lasts so long, soak in every day you can.
What have been your favorite summer bucket list activities so far this summer?!