What’s Galentine’s Day? Only the best day of the year! Don’t worry, ladies, it’s not too late to start crocheting pen covers or making portrait mosaics for your best girlfriends.
If these references are lost on you, turn on Netflix and start binge watching Parks and Recreation. Maybe the funniest show on earth, in my opinion! Thanks to Leslie Knope February 13th is now dedicated to ladies celebrating ladies. So ditch your boyfriend, husband, or better half, and call your girlfriends to plan a night out!
Here are 5 fun ways to celebrate Galentine’s Day this year with your best girlfriends:
1. Snail Mail – Send a love note to that long-distance friend, who is only a text away but too far for a hug today! Does she love flowers? My best friend sent me a bouquet from Farm Girl Flowers and they were hands-down the most gorgeous flowers I have ever received. If she has a sweet tooth, find out where the closest Tiff’s Treats is located and have warm, delicious cookies delivered right to her door step.
2. Night Out – Leave the kids’ bedtime routine to your hubby and arrange an unforgettable girls night. If you live near an Alamo Draft House, they are having a Moulin Rouge movie party—sing your heart out while dancing along to the movie (props included)! Or steal one of these date night ideas for you and your Galentine date: An A-Z Guide to Date Night in Collin County.
3. Relax – Pick up a fellow preschool mama and go get pampered while the kids are at school. Pedicures and brunch, anyone? First Watch and Bread Winners would both make fabulous spots for brunch after a mani/pedi. Or better yet, take the whole afternoon and head to the spa! I recommend Woodhouse Day Spa’s hot stone massage. For a more budget-conscious date, drive to north Dallas to Aveda Institute where you an get a steal of a deal on a whole range of spa services.
4. Get Creative – I recently took a class with some girlfriends at Painting with a Twist; what a blast! The instructor was funny, the atmosphere relaxed, and it was BYOB—need I say more? We are already talking about going back. Here’s another idea: you could even trade paintings as your Galentine’s Day gift to one another or save them for your hubby.
5. Secret Admirer – As moms we often forgot to make time for ourselves and our friends, because we are busy, busy! But you can celebrate Galentine’s Day in little ways, too. Run through Starbucks and grab your girlfriend’s favorite drink to drop at her doorstep or office. Buy an extra dozen cookies when you pick them up for your kid’s class party and deliver them to your dearest neighborhood girlfriend. Buy a scented face mask and fizzy bath bomb in the Target cosmetic section for the preggo friend in your life.
I know I am eternally grateful for the girlfriends in my life that keep me sane and laughing on the hard days, so let’s toast to one another this Galentine’s Day!
Share your Galentine’s Day ideas in the comments!