The temperatures are dropping here in north Texas, when planning out our days for the first week of January I noticed four days where the HIGH is in the 40’s with a low in the 20s or 30s – BRRRrrrrrr! It’s time to check out some local, indoor play places. Many of these are frequent play date spots for us, even when the weather is nice. Any place that can entertain my almost 2 year old for more than a hour is a winner in my book! Keep in mind, some of these spots are weekday only, but be sure to check their websites on the weekend to see if they have open play slots between parties.
1. Playstreet Museum – With locations in McKinney, Frisco and Plano this children’s museum is always at the top of our list. The farm theme in McKinney is my son’s favorite, and the wooden trucks at every location are always a big hit. The best part is your child can destroy the place and you don’t have to worry about the mess. Get there early if it’s a preschool holiday, the cost is $11 per child (includes a snack).
2. Urban Air – Check online for a trampoline park near you, this one in Frisco offers a jump time just for toddlers. Little ones can jump on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am – noon.
3. Polka Dot Party + Play – This indoor play place has dress up, fun crafts and an indoor jungle gym. Open play is held weekdays and costs $10 per child.
4. Safari Run – Time to run off that energy! This colorful, new indoor gym is a blast. They even have a baby/toddler area specifically for little ones. WAHMs bring your computer, grab a seat on a comfy couch and check some emails during play time. There’s also an arcade if you’ve got a game lover. Open play is held on weekdays.
5. Stonebriar Mall – Head over to the mall where you can ride a carousel, run around the indoor play area, catch craft time at Barnes & Noble, and eat Chick-fil-a at the food court.
7. The Coop – My son adores the giant ball pit at the coop! This fun spot is perfect for a rainy day, it’s located in downtown Frisco so you could check out the library mentioned here as well. At the coop, you can take a ride on the plasma cars or sit and play trains with a friend.
Did we miss any other Indoor Play spots? Let us know in the comments!