This post is sponsored by Oak Brook School. All opinions are 100% our own!
Do you know what one of my biggest parenting surprises was? Realizing how stressful (and frankly, anxiety-inducing) it can be to find and secure childcare for little ones outside of the home. There are a lot of options, a lot of opinions, and a lot of wait lists. How do you even begin?
When in doubt, start with a recommendation. We’ve got a good one for you!
A little background: Oak Brook School in Allen is the new branch of a family-owned school for children ages six weeks through Kindergarten, plus an after-school program for elementary school kids. It’s the second location of the award-winning Oak Brook School in Murphy, TX, which was established in 2001.
The new Oak Brook School mirrors everything that has made the original so successful, from experienced and engaged teachers, to a safe and fun learning environment (with lots of communication to keep parents in the loop). Plus, if you are at your wits end with infant care wait lists, you will definitely want to check Oak Brook School out because they can fit you in! See below for more information on the program that corresponds with your child’s age group:
- Infants Program (6 weeks to 12 months)
- Tiny Tots (12 months to 24 months)
- Early Learners (2 months to 3 years)
- Preschool (3-4 years old—must be potty trained)
- Pre-K (4-5 years old)
- Kindergarten (5 years old by Oct. 31 of current school year)
- After School Program (5-11 years old)
TOP 3 TAKEAWAYS ABOUT OAK BROOK SCHOOL
- It is much more than day care. This is a school operating within new state-certified curricula for each age group. As a mom, I am constantly teaching my kids in their early years, and it’s comforting to know that when my kids aren’t with me, Oak Brook School can pick up where I leave off.
- Their goals match mine: well-rounded, purposeful learning. Oak Brook School is committed to intellectual and emotional growth. I will always want an educator who prepares my kids academically, socially, and emotionally for the next phase of childhood because that’s what I’m trying to do at home.
- They do cool stuff! Oak Brook posts their monthly Curriculum Chronicle so you can keep track of your child’s activities. This past summer they worked with Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Plano Dance Theater, Dallas Cirque, and lots more. They also incorporates music, gym, Spanish, and computer enrichment activities included in tuition for ages 3 and up.
ALSO GUYS, I HOPE I’M NOT BURYING THE LEDE HERE, BUT I’VE GOT A DISCOUNT TO SHARE!
**New families get 50% off the first month’s tuition if you register by 10/31/17**
And be sure to come over for their FREE Fall Festival on October 21, from 10am to 12noon. There will be pumpkin carving, balloon artist, carnival games, and more!