I am nearly 9 months pregnant and this hot Texas summer is about to begin! Over the next few weeks, you can find me at one of these local Collin County cold treat spots that are perfect for cooling off.
1. Double Dip Frozen Custard– I’m including my personal favorite first, this creamy frozen custard shop is located in West Frisco near Main St. and Teal Pkwy. They have tiny baby cones that are perfect for itty bitty hands. They also happen to be located across the street from Salsa Tex Mex, mentioned in our Tex Mex Guide, making it the perfect family or couple date night combo! 3288 Main St. Frisco, TX 75033
2. Scallywags – Have a pirate lover in your family? This snow cone shop is serving up icy treats from a giant pirate ship in McKinney. Located near Lake Forest and Eldorado behind the Kroger their open M-F from 2-9:30pm and weekends 11:30am – 9:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for any location changes or specials! 2901 S Lake Forest Dr McKinney, TX 75070
3. Rita’s Italian Ice – While their known for their cool, refreshing Italian ice, Rita’s also has a selection of “cream ice” and frozen custard treats. A little something for every lover of cold treats in your family! Check out their Allen location in the Twin Creeks Village Shopping Center. 816 W McDermott Dr Allen, TX 75013
4. Frios Gourmet Pops – This new spot located in downtown McKinney has gourmet pops that would be the perfect dessert after dinner or antique shopping on the square. Ask for a punch card, and go on Mondays for double punches towards a free treat. They also love to cater local events, so call them for your next pool party — wouldn’t that be a treat! 301B E Louisiana St McKinney, TX
5. Andy’s Frozen Custard – You may have noticed these drive thru and outdoor seating frozen custard shops popping up all over north Texas this spring! My son loves watching the frozen custard machines through the large glass windows while we wait in line. Their seasonal sundaes are to die for and their roasted pecan topping is my personal favorite. You can find locations in east Frisco, south Frisco, The Colony and Carrollton.
6. Snow Cone Lady – Called “the best snow cones in Frisco” by many, this little shack is open seasonally near downtown Frisco. It’d be the perfect spot to hit after a trip to the splash pad at Frisco Commons or lunch on the patio in downtown Frisco. Check the Facebook page for information on open and closing times. 8760 John W. Elliott Dr Frisco, TX 75034
7. Nom Noms – This Mexican food restaurant in McKinney has homemade ice cream, sherberts, sorbets, and bars in over 50 flavors! Make it a summer goal to sample each and every one. I mean can you beat delicious Mexican food AND daily made, award winning ice cream?! 6840 Virginia Pkwy McKinney, TX 75071
8. Steel City Pops – Located near Firewheel shopping center, with additional locations in Dallas and Southlake, this organic and all natural pops shop is sure to be a hit with you and your kiddos! They have fruity, creamy and cookie pops to choose from as well as seasonal favorites. 337 Coneflower Dr Garland, TX 75040
9. TC’s Shaved Ice – Shaved ice, gourmet ice cream and fruit cocktails – yum! Some of TC’s creations look too good to eat. Go traditional or try something unique at this little shop with locations in Plano and Frisco. Check their Facebook page for details!
10. Braum’s Ice Cream – If you’re going the fast food route, I’m convinced that Braum’s is the best there is. Stop by for a burger, fries and some delicious ice cream with the whole family. Even better, stop in between 2pm – 4pm during the week and enjoy a $1 frozen yogurt waffle cone, it’s too good to pass up. Check their website for a location near you.
Where is your family indulging in a cold, sweet treat this summer?! We want to know!